About Barrett Joinery
Barrett Joinery are a locally owned and operated Company who are market leaders in the joinery industry.
We specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of all types of joinery. We strive to uphold this status by keeping up to date with current trends and innovations.
The owners Mark Mitchell and Glenn Sherborne both started as apprentices with the Company and have over 50 years combined experience. Locally owned and operated, all joinery is custom built on site at our factory.
WHY CHOOSE BARRETT JOINERY?
- Each kitchen is specifically tailor made to suit client’s individual taste and home. One ‘one off’ designs aim to create the WOW factor
- In addition to kitchens we specialise in stairs, timber windows and doors, pre-hung doors, vanity units, laundry joinery, wardrobes and timber machining
- We are the South Canterbury agent for LouvreTec opening roofs and Hidden Beds – a unique space saving solution that instantly transforms a desk into a bed!
- All our kitchens and joinery are manufactured here at our factory by local Employees
- Barrett Joinery offer a professional spray painting service with our on-site spray booth
- We sell very competitively priced appliances with access to over 20 brands so we can manage the complete package for you
- Barrett Joinery are registered Master Joiners, this ensures the client gets high standards of craftsmanship
- We support the use of plantation grown or sustainable logged timbers
- Proud to announce that we were winners in the 2017 National Master Joiner Awards - Best in the Waitaki Region. 2016 - Best in the Waitaki Region. 2015 – Best use of colour in NZ and Most Promising Apprentice in NZ. 2014 – Best Use of Creative Lighting in NZ- Best Kitchen Under $15,000 in NZ and Best in the Waitaki Region. 2011 - Best Kitchen Design in NZ & Best in the Waitaki Region
- Quality is important, where possible we use locally made moisture resistant boards for our cabinets and high impact edgings
- Barrett Joinery’s health & safety and quality management system is certified Telarc Q-Safe Standard:2019
- We are able to supply door hardware or individual handles or accessories and have access to a range of timber blinds and shutters
- We not only supply to the South Canterbury area but we also regularly service Central Otago and other locations South Island wide as well as having experience in exporting to other Pacific countries including Hawaii
- Barrett Joinery were proud to be finalists in the 2013 South Canterbury Business Excellence Awards – our first and only time entering these prestigious awards
- Our kitchens have featured in Trends magazine and we have had many kitchens in the Master Builder House of the Year awards
- The name BARRETT JOINERY is used by Real Estate agents as a selling point for existing houses. It is also used by Builders on new homes